- Type: Santoku
- Finish: Nashiji (Sat in) Finish
- Blade Length: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Construction: Stainless Clad
- Core Edge Steel: Ginsan (Silver #3)
- HRC (Rockwell Hardness): 60
- Handle: Rosewood with black pakka ferrule
- Bevel: Double-Bevel
- Place of Origin: Seto, Japan
The universal and representative all-purpose knife for home use has the strengths of both the traditional nakiri and the Western butcher's knife.
Santoku means "three uses" or "three virtues," derived from its flexibility in cutting meat, fish, and vegetables. Its double-bevel blade is more comprehensive than a Gyuto, making it a fine choice for right and left-handed people.