- Type: Ken-Nata Knife / Hunting knife / Damascus
- Brand: Matsumoto knife
- Blacksmith: Matsumoto, Tosa
- Construction: Hon-Warikomi / Ironclad Blue(Aogami) #2 / Damascus
- Method: Hammer-forged, 100% handmade
- Blade Length: 120 mm (4.7 in)
- Full Length: 235 mm (9.2 in)
- Blade Height: 26 mm (1 in)
- Weight: about 152 g (4.7 oz)
- Spine Thickness: 5 mm/at heel
- Blade Type: Double-bevel
- Core Edge Steel: Blue (Aogami) #2 High Carbon Steel
- HRC (Rockwell Hardness): 61-63
- Finishing: Black Finish (Kurouchi)
- Handle: Oakwood w/ Stainless ferrule.
- Wooden Sheath: Included
- Place of Origin: Tosa, Japan
With handmade knives made by artisans with excellent traditional skills, you can feel the warmth that industrial products do not have.
Blue (Aogami) #2 (Hitachi Metals Ltd.) is made by adding Chromium and Tungsten / Wolfram to White Steel #2. This results in increased toughness and the production of hard carbide molecules, which improve edge retention. Many knife users have noted that while Blue Steel #2 is very similar to White Steel #2 in edge sharpness, it has slightly superior edge retention.
Black-finish is a state in which the surface that has been blackened by quenching is sharpened only with the blade, leaving the black side unintentionally on the sides (Mine and Hira) other than the blade.
There is no elegance like a polished finish, but it has a taste of bumps and ruggedness. It also has the advantage of less rust than a polished finish.
- After use, maintain it with a Whetstone or special oil for cutting tools, and store it in a dry place.
- Recommended keeping the sheath and blade separately.
- These items are not for those below 18.