- Type: Kiritsuke
- Finish: Kurouchi
- Blade Length: 210 mm (8.3 in)
- Construction: Hon Warikomi
- Core Edge: Steel: Aogami (Blue) Super
- HRC (Rockwell Hardness): 64-65
- Handle: Walnut Octagonal with black pakka ferrule
- Bevel: Double-Bevel
- Place of Origin: Tosa, Japan
Mainly used as an Usuba and a Yanagiba, its versatility makes it suitable for other uses. It is made with a sloping cut from its back towards its tip, pointed like a Bunka. It is recommended for chopping and cutting up ingredients.
Aogami-Super (Hitachi Metals Ltd.) is one of the most outstanding Japanese carbon steels. In addition to containing more Carbon, Chromium, and Tungsten than Blue Steel #1, it includes Molybdenum. It has exceptional edge sharpness and excellent edge retention but can also attain high hardness without being brittle. Many knife enthusiasts rate Aogami Super as one of the world's very best high carbon steels.