- Type: Santoku
- Finish: Kurouchi Damascus
- Blade Length: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Construction: Hon-Warikomi
- Core Edge Steel: Aogami (Blue) #2
- HRC (Rockwell Hardness): 61-63
- Handle: Walnut
- Bevel: Double-Bevel
- Place of Origin: Tosa, Japan
- Finish: Damascus (17 layers)
The universal and representative all-purpose knife for home use has the strengths of both the traditional nakiri and the Western butcher's knife.
Santoku means "three uses" or "three virtues," derived from its flexibility in cutting meat, fish, and vegetables. Its double-bevel blade is more comprehensive than a Gyuto, making it a fine choice for right and left-handed people.