- Type: Skinny Deba / Sabaki
- Brand: Ishizuchi
- Construction: Hon-Warikomi (Ironclad Blue #2 Steel)
- Method: Hammer Forged
- Blade Length: 120 mm (4.7 in)
- Blade Height: 37 mm (1.4 in)
- Weight: about 83 g (oz)
- Spine Thickness: 3.5 mm/at heel
- Blade Type: Double-bevel
- Core Edge Steel: Blue (Aogami) #2 High Carbon Steel
- HRC (Rockwell Hardness): 60-62
- Finishing: Black Finish (Kurouchi)
- Handle: Japanese Magnolia with Plastic ferrule
- Place of Origin: Tosa, Japan
Sabaki is a short universal chef's knife that looks very much like an office knife but is middle thicker. The blade is very suitable for boning and preparing fish, chicken, lamb, beef, etc.
Blue (Aogami) #2 (Hitachi Metals Ltd.) is made by adding Chromium and Tungsten / Wolfram to White Steel #2. This results in increased toughness and the production of hard carbide molecules, which improve edge retention. Many knife users have noted that while Blue Steel #2 is very similar to White Steel #2 in edge sharpness, it has slightly superior edge retention.