- Type: Gyuto / Chefs knife
- Construction: Blue (Aogami) Super core with Soft stainless clad (3 layers)
- Out Side Blade: Soft Stainless steel
- Core Edge Steel: Blue (Aogami) Super steel
- Blade Length: 240mm ( 9.4in)
- Blade Height: 48mm ( 1.8in)
- Weight: about 180g (6.3oz)
- Spine Thickness: 2 mm/at heel
- Blade Type: Double bevel blade
- HRC (Rockwell Hardness): 64
- Finishing: Black Hammered Finish
- Handle: Walnut Octagonal type
- Place of Origin: Japan
Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It is a true multi-purpose knife that can perform wide range of tasks, can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fishes, vegetables and fruits.
Blue (Aogami) Super (Hitachi Metals Ltd.) is one of the greatest Japanese Carbon Steels.
In addition to containing more Carbon, Chromium and Tungsten than Blue Steel No.1, it also includes Molybdenum.
It has very good edge sharpness and excellent edge retention, but is also capable of attaining high hardness without being brittle.
Consequently, many knife enthusiasts rate Aogami Super as one of the very best High Carbon Steels in the world.