- Type: Santoku
- Finish: Polished Damascus (73 Layer)
- Blade Length: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Blade Height: 47 mm (1.8 in)
- Weight: about 146 g(5.1 oz)
- Spine Thickness: 2.5 mm/at heel
- Construction: Stainless Clad SLDN
- Core Edge Steel: SLD Nickle
- HRC (Rockwell Hardness): 62-64
- Handle: Rosewood with Plywood ferule, Octagonal type
- Bevel: Double-Bevel
- Place of Origin: Japan
The universal and representative all-purpose knife for home use has the strengths of both the traditional nakiri and the Western butcher's knife. Santoku means "three uses" or "three virtues," derived from its flexibility in cutting meat, fish, and vegetables. Its double-bevel blade is more comprehensive than a Gyuto, making it a fine choice for right and left-handed people.
The central core material SKD (alloy tool steel) used for the blade edge is performance steel that is incredibly rich in Carbon equal to the famed Yasuki Aogami and is tempered to the Rockwell 62-64 for exceptional sharpness and edge holding properties. Also, its high Chromium content dramatically contributes to the blade's anti-corrosion.