- Type: Gyuto / Chefs knife / Black Damascus
- Brand: Ishizuchi
- Construction: Stainless clad VG (Gold) 10
- Blade Length: 210 mm (8.3 in)
- Blade Height: 46 mm (1.8 in)
- Weight: about 140 g (4.9 oz)
- Spine Thickness: 2 mm/at heel
- Blade Type: Double-Edged Blade
- Core Edge Steel: VG (Gold) 10 (Takefu Special Steel)
- HRC (Rockwell Hardness): 60
- Finishing: Polished Finish (Migaki)
- Handle: Rosewood with Plywood ferrule
- Handle Type: Octagonal
- Place of Origin: Japan
Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic western-style chef's knife. Like the western chef's knife, the Gyuto is a versatile, multi-purpose knife suitable for cutting most meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Gyuto knife's Double bevels blade is typically thinner, lighter, and holds a sharper edge than a Western chef's knife. Gyuto is the best all-purpose knife for most users and the most versatile and useful Japanese knife in the kitchen.
VG-10 (Takefu Special Steel) is one of the most popular and highly regarded types of Japanese stainless steel for making cutlery. It has strong corrosion resistance and can provide excellent edge sharpness and edge retention. VG-10 belongs to a group of steels called "Cobalt Steels." It also contains Vanadium, which improves its strength, toughness, and edge retention.